Ali Bryan named a 2018 Alberta Emerging Artist
Freehand’s own Ali Bryan (Roost, The Figgs) was named today one of ten recipients of the 2018 Emerging Artist Awards, presented by the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta Arts Awards Foundation. Congratulations, Ali! For more information about Ali and the award, please see her profile on the Arts Awards website.
Foundation Chair Ken Regan says “We are so pleased to be able to invest in advancing the careers of these outstanding young artists who truly will make a difference across Alberta – and Canada.”
- Ali Bryan, writer, Calgary
- Emily Marisabel, theatre artist, Claresholm (Edmonton)
- Brett Dahl, theater artists, Calgary
- Lizzie Derksen, writer, Edmonton
- Pamma FitzGerald, visual artist, Calgary
- Jared Darcy Tailfeathers, multidisciplinary artists, Calgary
- Jenna K. Rodgers, theatre artist, Calgary
- Timothy Brennan Steeves, violinist, Strathmore
- Kelton Stepanowich, filmmaker, Ft. McMurray
- Roydon Tse, composer, Edmonton (Toronto)
Her Honour, the Honourable Lois E. Mitchell, CM, AOE, LLD, Lieutenant Governor of Alberta presented the medals and awards at a private ceremony at Government House in Edmonton June 1.
The 10 recipients were selected from 147 applications in a two-tiered adjudication process overseen by The Banff Centre. The adjudication panel included: Mark Bellamy, theatre director; Mel Kirby, manager, Calgary Opera Emerging Artist Development Program; Jane Ash Poitras, visual artist, Lieutenant Governor of Alberta 2011 Distinguished Artist; Thomas Trofimuk, novelist, poet.
Contact: Kathy Classen 780-222-7943 [email protected]