Alberta Book Awards, 2014
Someone must have declared that today was Alberta Book Awards Day. Two sets of shortlists were announced—for the Alberta Book Publishing Awards, and the Alberta Readers’ Choice Award. Happily for us, Freehand titles appear on both lists!
2014 Alberta Trade Fiction Book Award finalists
2014 Alberta Book Design finalists
- Freehand Books: The Dilettantes by Michael Hingston, book design by Natalie Olsen
- University of Alberta Press: Dear Sir, I Intend to Burn Your Book: An Anatomy of a Book Burning by Lawrence Hill, book design by Alan Brownoff
- University of Alberta Press: Massacre Street by Paul Zits, book design by Alan Brownoff
2014 Alberta Readers’ Choice Award finalists
- Almost a Great Escape by Tyler Trafford (Goose Lane Editions)
- Come Barbarians by Todd Babiak (HarperCollins Canada)
- Pilgrimage by Diana Davidson (Brindle & Glass)
- The Dilettantes by Michael Hingston (Freehand Books)
- The Unfinished Child by Theresa Shea (Brindle & Glass)
All of the awards will be presented on June 6 at the Alberta Literary Awards gala at the Palliser Hotel in Calgary. And you can vote for your favourite title in the $10,000 Alberta Readers’ Choice category from May 1-31! Visit epl.ca/alberta-readers-choice for more information. Congratulations to all the finalists!